By Alan Sexton
With full implementation of the unpopular Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, widely known as “Obamacare” drawing ever closer, there is intensifying public interest in organized efforts to delay and/or defund its continued implementation, and even fully nullify Obamacare at the state level.
Some of the most prominent efforts include:
- Citizens Council for Healthcare Freedom “Refuse to Enroll” campaign
- FreedomWorks’ “End Obamacare Now War Room“
- Tea Party Express’ “Pledge to Defund Obamacare”
- Tea Party Patriots’ “Tell Your Senators and Representatives to Delay Obamacare”
- Tenth Amendment Center’s “Nullify Obamacare in 4 Steps”
Also available at the Tenth Amendment Center website is “How States Can Stop the Obama Health Care Law,” an informative article by CATO Institute’s Michael F. Cannon.
Most efforts dedicated to delaying/ending Obamacare also urge constituents to contact their Senators, Representatives, governors and state legislators directly — regardless of whether they are on record as favoring delaying, defunding, repealing or nullifying Obamacare, or opposed to doing so.